Sunday, January 3, 2010

oh, julia!

I was lucky enough to receive a copy of "Mastering the Art of French Cooking" by Julia Child (et al) for Christmas, along with the movie "Julie & Julia". Yesterday, we decided to make Julia's classic Boeuf Bourguignon (beef stew in red wine, with bacon, onions and mushrooms)...



We made it as Julia intended, as authentically as we could. We served it with creamy mashed potato, and a full-bodied shiraz. This is a seriously good recipe - rich, flavoursome, yum - thankyou, Julia! Try it. Bon appetit!

7 comments:

Irene ~ RE~VINTAGED said...

I loved that movie!!
Yum!!!

74 Lime Lane said...

oh you lucky thing! what a great gift. sounds divine

Michelle said...

Oh yum! That looks seriously delicious!!

Little Eve said...

Glad to hear it was good! I was lucky too when a friend gifted me the book. Absolutely loved the movie and was very inspired by it. What characters they both were! Think I'll give this recipe a go soon after seeing your post.

Pippi creates said...

I love that you then blogged about it too! Sounds yum!

midge said...

such beautiful symmetry. the book, the movie, the beef bourguignon and then you blogged it. bon appetit

Corrie said...

bummer I don't eat meat but the book, oh so good! I've done clafoutis as you know and that's it but I see a good souffle or too coming up soon!!!!!

love your beetroot above too!

Corrie:)