Friday, June 10, 2011

recipe :: rice pudding

Rice pudding, sometimes known as creamed riced ... either way it's delicious, and one of my favourite winter comfort foods. 


Rice Pudding

Add 1 litre of milk and half a cup of sugar to a large saucepan.
When the milk comes to the boil and the sugar is dissolved, add half a cup of rice (any will do), 1 teaspoon of vanilla (or one vanilla pod with seeds scraped), and a pinch of salt.
Bring back to the boil, then reduce heat to a simmer for about an hour (stir every 10 minutes or so) or until the rice is soft and the milk is absorbed.

I like my rice pudding as per the recipe, but occasionally I add lemon zest or dried fruit (sultanas work well) for a bit of a change.

Enjoy hot, warm or cold!




9 comments:

lamina@do a bit said...

My man will love this recipe.. he is a sucker for rice pudding :)

Carolyn said...

Mmmm... YUMMY!

San Diego Mobile Notary

Carley said...

Excellent winter comfort food. Delicious!

Jennie said...

Gonna try this one on the kids!

Kelly Casanova said...

I do so love a good rice pud!

Kylie said...

Yumm - I made some in the slow cooker today:)

Tania said...

Off to win me some INSPIRED brownie points now...

Cat from Raspberry Rainbow said...

Oooo, this sounds so yummy, and probably the recipe my used when I was a kid. I am so making this soon!

HesterKreigher said...

Hi, i think that i saw you visited my weblog thus i came to “return the favor”.I am trying to find things to improve my web site!I suppose its ok to use some of your ideas!! homewares wall art