Sunday, December 4, 2011

recipe :: peanut butter hummus

Twitter is an unlikely source of recipes, but the other day I saw someone mention this recipe, so I googled it, realised it would taste better than it sounded, and made it ...


Y.U.M. It is a really lovely combo of flavours - the peanut butter works well with the chickpeas and the cumin, with a dash of lemon juice and greek yoghurt for extra zing! I halved this recipe and it still made quite a large bowl plus a bit extra for my lunch that day! It was an instant hit in this house ~ perfect with a glass of vino!

Peanut Butter Hummus is the creation of one of my favourite foodies ~ Nigella. I was extra especially thrilled when she actually commented on my tweet about this recipe (I know ~ I'm easily pleased!) ... 

You will find more recipes I've made if you scroll down the righthand side of the blog. Have a lovely Sunday!


4 comments:

Vic said...

Exciting! Still drooling over that cheesecake... yuuuuum.....

Luscious Lea said...

Oh yum.

Kylie said...

Sounds delicious! I completely get the easily pleased... particularly when it comes to food and people commenting. I made up some cheese sauce for a mac & cheese on Sat from Julie Goodwin's cookbook and it was so simple and tasty and {for someone who is completely clueless in the kitchen} the recipe behaved exactly as predicted in the book. Yay!

Shabby Vintage Junk said...

....hahahaha....I was musing how you bought my TWO fave food groups....(hummus & peanut butter) TOGETHER, when I read the bit about Nigella....WAY TO GO NIC....It's LUCKY we're so easily pleased hey....Means we get more enjoyment out of our days....**wink**....!!

Cheers,
Tamarah :o)