Thursday, December 1, 2011

stocking fillers

After a couple of weeks travelling, I must say it's been nice to just sit down and make something. Yesterday, I started making some stocking fillers for friends and family using a stamp I carved for the handprinted fabric swap. Some little recycled notebooks got stamped in christmassy red and white ink ...


I always have a notebook like this in my bag and next to my bed for writing things down or drawing, so I love giving them to others to encourage them to do the same. You just never know when you might need to record that amazing idea!

{exclaim} handprinted fabric in cherry red used as gift wrap available here
A quick reminder ~ free worldwide shipping for orders greater than $35 from the Yardage Design online shop from now until 20 December. Simply enter the code word CHRISTMAS at the checkout ~ all orders posted from Melbourne, Australia ~ enjoy!

More creative spaces here each Thursday!

18 comments:

Felicity said...

Truly love the colour combos here....each one would be a gift truly treasured.

Happy day!

Rosalind said...

Well done on all the great press lately, especially Bloesem! your handcarved stamp is great.

lamina@do a bit said...

Love the notebooks... I have about 4 lying around different parts of the house... but can never find one when I need it or a pencil for that matter :D

another donkey design by kate said...

Beautiful notebooks - and i agree - you can never have enough notebooks!

Vic said...

Beautiful Nic, you have "the touch"!

trudi@maudeandme said...

I love that stamp design.Very inspiring.

Christina Lowry said...

Your creativity never ceases to amaze me! Lovely books and stamps Nic. Hope your travels were wonderful too. :)

Cat from Raspberry Rainbow said...

Gorgeous, love your stamp. Very festive :)

Yana said...

lovely notebooks and that stamp is just great! i wish i could carve the lines so perfectly!! :)

Deb (Two Cheeky Monkeys) said...

Beautiful - you really can't go wrong with notebooks, they're so handy. :)

Unknown said...

Just gorgeous!!

by marie-nicole said...

They look great Nic. Lovely motif design.

74 Lime Lane said...

Just beautiful Nic! I love the colour too.

Valerie said...

they're very very pretty !
will you have this design on fabric too ?
i'm a total novice, but i'd see this as a print in black, mmh fabulous...

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Pretty things!!!

Hollie Joy In The Morning said...

gorgeous!!!!
Hollie

Lola Nova said...

Oh my, I am a sucker for a notebook, especially ones as unique as yours!
Very cool stamp!

Kylie said...

Very classic and beautiful. Love them! Also love your gift wrapping with fabric and twine. Very pretty. Clever lady!