I have adapted the recipe slightly from the original ...
Fussy Eaters Breakfast Cake1 cup bran
1 cup sultanas
1 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup dried dates (chopped)
1 1/2 cups wholemeal self raising flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
2T wheat germ
2T raw sugar (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius. Grease and line a standard loaf tin.
2. Mix bran, milk, sultanas, cranberries and dates together in a bowl. Set aside to soak for about 45 minutes.
3. Sift the flour into another bowl, add the husks. Add the soaked bran mixture, sugar and wheat germ. Combine well (it is a reasonably stiff mixture - add more milk if it's too stiff to mix).
4. Spoon mixture into loaf tin, sprinkle the top with raw sugar and bake for 45 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
5. Cool on a wire rack, then enjoy! (it's lovely warm or toasted with a bit of butter on top)