Tuesday, June 1, 2010

tuesday in the kitchen ... spaghetti with fennel, chilli, lemon and breadcrumbs

I made this for dinner last night ...


I found the recipe in the latest issue of delicious magazine, so the recipe isn't online yet (but will be in a few weeks). I actually followed the recipe properly for this one as it was the first time I've ever cooked with fennel. The only thing I changed was the type of pasta - I used spaghetti, but the recipe said capellini (which is basically a very thin spaghetti). It was really easy to make, as well as light, zesty, fresh-tasting and a nice mix of textures with the chilli breadcrumbs (poor man's parmesan). Definitely worth a try!

4 comments:

Brenda said...

That looks so yummy, I'll have to check out the recipe.

Amy said...

yummo. sounds like a good one.
your tea towels were very loved by the lovely ladies I gave them to in the states. Thanks for being so quick-smart with them!
Have a happy day.
xx Amy

Spin Spin said...

That looks sooo good and I'm such a fan of fennel I might just have to make it, yum!

Chocolate Cat said...

Must admit I haven't opened this issue of Delicious yet, I will be now! This looks yummy, think it will be on the menu in our house this week!!