Thursday, June 10, 2010

my creative space ... design + colour

I've been drawing quite a lot this week - I seem to be full of design ideas at the moment, so I'm getting them down on paper, then editing them with my trusty red pen ...


I tend to draw, then edit, then draw, then scan, then refine on the computer until I'm happy, then play some more with repeat patterns. It usually takes a couple of weeks to get something to a stage that I might consider printing it, or decide that it needs to be filed in the bin! After that, it's the best bit - colour and fabric choices. Have you seen this nifty tool: create your own colour palette ...

These little tools are great for coming up with colour ideas, and are a bit of fun too! More crafty spaces here!

18 comments:

Kirsty said...

I can see that the colour palette creator would be a very handy tool.

Unknown said...

I love the colours! It look like something magic happening at your creative space!

Unknown said...

sounds like a great process..And thanks for the link that's a good tool to have :)

Wendy said...

Love the link, Nic---thanks for posting it!

Jennie said...

Wow - what a great link!
I love your palette there!

Screamstress said...

I have only just come across your blog, beautiful colour palette from the geranium(?) picture.

Cut&Alter said...

Awesome colours - will definitely have a play with the colour tool you've linked to. x

june at noon said...

So neat to see your design process. I love seeing others' sketches.

Beck said...

Thanks for the insight into your design process, and the handy link! Hope you are having a happy & creative day Nic, xo

Sally said...

I so look forward to seeing some of your new ideas.

Ky said...

Thanks for the link to the colour tool. I have so much trouble with colour, I'm a greyscale girl at heart:)

mel @ loved handmade said...

Great colours, what a handy little tool, thanks for sharing...

Christina Lowry said...

Oooh, those colour swatches look fun and so does your drawing. Can't wait to see what you make next. :)

Liesl said...

I love that palette tool at BigHugeLabs ... I've just never had a clever enough project to use it with. You, on the other hand, will come up with something terrific!

Ooty said...

great palette tool! And great colors as well =)

lisa stubbs said...

looks great, can't wait to see what lovelies come from your creative process!:)

Snooze said...

thanks for the insight. i always wonder what it's like.
My Creative Space

74 Lime Lane said...

Ooh, fun new tool. Shan't be able to resist. Glad to hear you are getting all the ideas out on paper ~ such a great thing to do.