Friday, January 15, 2010

dabbling ...

Dabbling is a much nicer way to say avoiding doing other things, don't you agree? I prefer to think of it as pursuing creative tangents. Anyway, here are a couple of things I've been dabbling in lately ...



A card - I wanted a really simple card to give to people who are lovely! What do you think?



My first granny square - Blue Bot says I mucked up the changing colours bit and the tension is yuck (he's right) ... this one will be undone and done again! I'm tempted to join up for Pip's craft challenge : A Granny a Day 2010 ... better practice some more first!

Today I MUST do some sewing. Have a good one, whatever you are doing!

11 comments:

Tammy said...

I love the Lovely Card!

Melanie said...

The card is fabulous! As for your granny square, you may have mucked it up but it is still way better than I can do lol

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Lovely card indeed, with a sweet sentiment. I do like 'dabbling', a nice way to say procrastinating or easily distracted. Love Posie

dillpickle said...

It's a very lovely card! And well done on the crochet - practice practice practice and all of a sudden it will be as simple as reading!

ellie said...

I've been calling it "gathering" as a way to excuse the "not yet settled back into work" feeling that's happening here.
I love the way crochet is so easy and almost pleasurable to unravel. Not like a seam of sewing, which is just annoying!
Enjoy your dabbling. (I must sew this weekend....)

Gina said...

Yes, the term dabbling is a very polite euphemism for procrastination! I'm going to cut down on the dabbling this year (or so I tell myself) but in honesty some of the best stuff comes from it... like that card, it's very sweet.

Unknown said...

Great card and so handy to have something nice to send .

Spin Spin said...

Oh, I love the idea of a granny a day...but am yet to get one right! And re: shelving - so much fun! See you soon :)

Red Letter Studio said...

I think you've done a great job with the crochet! and your card is very sweet, gotta love a simple design and nice clean white space!

~ Samone

Nikki said...

Dabbling is a wonderful way to procrastinate Nic!

I hope Blue Bot followed his "you mucked up the changing colours bit" with "but keep trying very hard. You're doing a great job for a new crocheter!".

And that card.... we'll, it's just lovely!

Kate said...

I love the lovely card and I'm sure your first granny is soooooo much better than mine was. I remember concentrating so hard and not being able to talk or listen at the same time. Go for your second and you'll start to feel it.