Friday, January 22, 2010

distractions, distractions, distractions

Lots of unforseen distractions here this week - none of them creative! But, I have managed to make a reasonable granny square though (ditched the two tone for now - it was confusing me!) ...



... bought some lovely jute for a future project ...

 
 
... and made some little "with compliments" cards out of some heavy recycled paper ... 



I just realised that there is a bit of a red and natural colour theme going on in this post! Not surprising - two of my favourite colours! I hope your week has been a good one, and your weekend is even better. I hope to catch up and get lots of things done over the weekend - wish me luck!

8 comments:

Vic said...

Oh look at your crocheting!

I have been trying... really I have... but I suck. I do! If it was just about the chain, well, I would rock that, I've got the hang of that, I can DO that, but that next part... with the hook going somewhere through something or other....?!

Hell no.

Lyssy May said...

Nice granny square Nic! Looking forward to catching up at the studios soon and have a great weekend. x

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Fabulous work, love your style.
Don't you have a shirtless IT dude at your business?? Gosh you're missing out. Clearly i am lucky as this one works for hugs & i'm pretty sure he is just as good as any!! Got to love a 6y.o. who loves to help his mummy. Love Posie

Kate said...

Oh I love it all! The granny square, the jute and the cards...you have such a beautiful style..

Bigprint Little said...

Hi Nic!
I've been meaning to stop by and say hi since I saw your post in the Oceania section of BYW. It's so nice to see another Textile Designer doing BYW - there are a few of us there! Anyway, looking forward to getting to know you a little better over the coming weeks. Also love your products and you have such a great blog! I am off now to do my homework!Chat to you soon,
Allison (Bigprint Little)

Pippi creates said...

A spontaneous theme - love it! I often do that too, expect it is mostly green or pink. I'm sure someone could read alot into that. Thanks for showing off your crochet skills!

Nikki said...

You are doing so well with the crocheting Nic. I'm very impressed with your persistence!


I hope your weekend is going to plan and there are some things crossed off your 'to do' list.

Gina said...

I would like to steal that red-striped jute from you. It looks like strapping actually...?