Friday, October 30, 2009

awesome op shop find!

I was in the Greensborough area (in Melbourne) this morning, and found a fantastic op shop - it had rooms! It even had a whole room for linens and fabrics and sewing stuff. I had to show a great deal of restraint, but I ended up parting with 50 cents (!), and came away with this old tea towel ...



... and this knitting book (just for the photos!!) ...



I particularly liked this photo ...



I have been trying to think of witty captions, but my brain is mush (not enough sleep). Let me know if any (clean ones!) spring to mind when you see this!

Anyhoo, the all important details:

St John of God Op Shop
108-130 Diamond Creek Road (just off the roundabout with the Greensborough Hwy - look out for the sign)
Greensborough

Open 9-3 Mon - Fri, and 10-2 the first Saturday and third Sunday of the month. If you're up that way, it's worth a visit - LOTS of stuff.

Have a great weekend!

P.S. Thanks for all the comments yesterday. A few people asked what machine I have - it's a Janome Memory Craft 9700. I love it!

7 comments:

Beck said...

Love the teatowel and those hilarious photos! So saucy! Don't have any good captions but thanks for the laughs xo

Beky said...

I live in Greensborough. Believe it or not, I have never visited that op shop, now I will have to. Go to Finki site to see the antiques shop that I told her to visit in Eltham. I have seen that pattern book, just cant remember where. :-)

Angela said...

You have spotted some great finds there! And it sounds like a great op shop, thank you for sharing. It's a bit further out from where I live but it certainly sounds like an op shop gem!!

Nikki said...

Are you sure that is a knitting book? There are so many things I want to suggest but I will keep myself nice!

Pippi creates said...

I love finding a great oppy, I will have to keep that one in mind if I ever find myself up that way. But really Nic, if you wanted some Aussie kitch, I could have pinched a few for you from my Mum's linen cupboard!

The Bothered Owl said...

Aw man, My grandma gave me those exact knitting patterns from her stash a few years ago and I have no idea what I've done with them. I think I may have (stupidly) thrown them out. The photos are hilarious!

Sherrin said...

I am going to have to visit that opshop!!! the teatowel - I was born in 1975! Classic. The pictures from the knitting book are pretty special too.