Monday, August 1, 2011

a quilt for riley

Those of you who dally over at the Yardage Design facebook page might have already read that over the weekend I was making a quilt for a new baby boy - Riley. I'm pleased to say that I started this quilt on Saturday and finished it late last night. It's exactly how I wanted it to be - bright, simple and fun ...





All of the bright fabrics and the binding came from the stash, and I backed it in Yardage Design "Circa" fabric in deep red - I love the combination! The final size of the quilt is about 110cm x110cm - perfect for tummy time on the floor!

Have a great Monday!

4 comments:

Gina said...

Perfect. Circa is perfect for the backing (and probably gives it a nice, durable weighty feel).

Amy said...

Gorgeous! Nothing more to add really. I love all the fabrics.

Vic said...

I love it Nic you talented thing! This AND roast lamb over the weekend? Can anybody say "super woman"? ;)

Valerie said...

this is a really pretty combo of patterns, lucky boy :) and i love the backing ! do you handsew the bias, it looks so neat & perfect, just the way i enjoy them