Tuesday, June 28, 2011

paris

It's been 11 years since we last visited this beautiful city. We spent this past weekend re-aquainting ourselves, and it was bliss ...

I could not resist the Metro signs ... both new (above) and old (below)
What is it about Paris that makes you want to take pictures in black and white? 
Bliss ...
A stylish and lasting icon ... The Eiffel Tower
My french window - I could live here ...
There was no time for anything other than just wandering and eating and enjoying. Paris lifted our spirits, and was a gracious and elegant host. Au revoir!

10 comments:

Georgy said...

Love Paris, just beautiful! Love the new header too. A cold 6 degrees here this morning so this provided me with a taste of Summer. Gx

Jackie @ Fred-and-Cissy said...

Jealous.

Jackie @ Fred-and-Cissy said...

... but glad to hear you're having a great holiday!

by marie-nicole said...

Aaahhh! Sighing with envy, but happy for you too! Keep on enjoying what sounds like a wonderful getaway.

Jennie said...

My heart is lilting! I wanna go back to Paris.

Naturally Carol said...

Bye Spain..au revoir Paris! I can't wait to see where your journey takes you to next.

Alisa : Ink Caravan said...

Ooooohhhh! I'm crying with envy! It's too long since I was there last. It's a magical place! Such pretty pics (sigh) happy holidays Nic. : )

The above fore-mentioned. said...

Going back is like meeting up with an old friend isn't it?

74 Lime Lane said...

ok, now officially insanely jealous! looks like you are having a fantastic time though

Shabby Vintage Junk said...

Oh Nic I'm BEYOND ENVIOUS....I'm going to grab a glass of wine & have a good read....!

Love LOVE L-O-V-E your pic of the Eiffel....My ONE regret in life to date is that I've been to France but NOT to Paris....**sigh**....!

Travel safe Lovey....!!!!!

Cheers,
Tamarah :o)