Wednesday, December 15, 2010

agapanthus

"Agapanthus" (white on natural linen) is now back in stock after selling out. This is the third bolt of this design I've had printed - it is one of my most popular designs, and it's been lovely seeing what people have made with it - take a squizz here if you're interested. I'm not sure why it's so popular - I love white on natural linen in almost any design, but I know lots of people who don't. Is it the flower itself or the simplicity of the hand drawing? I'd be interested in what you think.


I have just reorganised my fabric - I'm now storing it standing up rather than lying down - to save space, mainly, but also so that I can see it and enjoy it more. However, as the rolls are rolled print side inwards, it's not as pretty as I would like! Still, it's very satisfying to see a whole bunch of bolts of my very own fabric - having a reflective moment here ...


That's probably enough fabric rambling for today! Don't forget to take advantage of free postage for all Australian orders until Monday. Have a lovely Wednesday!

5 comments:

mel @ loved handmade said...

Wow look at all those gorgeous fabric rolls! I do love white on linen too, but agapanthas will have a special spot in my heart forever, they remind me of lots of my favourite places, like my Mum & Dads driveway, stretching on forever & it's always a bit of a family joke if there's an empty spot in the garden it's "you should put some agapanthas in there..."

june at noon said...

That is SO cool to see all those bolts and know they're your designs! I think the hand-drawn look combined with the natural element is a real winner right now, sort of the horticultural textbook look, so I'm not surprised at all that this one is popular. That, and it's lovely! :)

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

I think anything on natural is a winner, it's just perfect for any decor!! Love your work Nic, love Posie

Shabby Vintage Junk said...

I'm with Posie Patchwork Nic....ANYTHING natural is a winner with me....SPEAKING of WINNERS....My GORGEOUS book arrived safe & sound & I LOVE it....It was ESPECIALLY nice to be able to see your page....!! CONGRATULATIONS.... :o) !!!

Hope you're week is running smoothly....As it CAN for this time of the year....hahahahahaha....

Cheers for now,
Tamarah :o)

Anna said...

I have just placed an order with you for some fabric that will make the perfect Christmas present for my son's girlfriend. The fabric will be part of a parcel that contains the Pip Lincolne book 'Sew La Tea Do'. She will be delighted.