I'm reading some great books and mags at the moment, so I thought I'd share them with you ...
1. You Sew Girl by the very talented Nicole Mallalieu is full of lovely little sewing projects. Mine is even signed by the author - thanks, Nik!
2. A Secret Gift by Ted Gup is a collection of letters from people who requested and received money during the Great Depression from an anonymous man (the author's grandfather) who placed an ad in the local paper of a small US town the week before Christmas in 1933 - it is the stories of the lives that were touched by the generosity of a stranger during very tough times. I am just loving this book.
3. Ceramic Transfer Printing by Kevin Petrie is a bit of stargazing for me as a printer - what if?
4. Decorate by Holly Becker (of the decor8 blog). I just bough this book today, so I've only flicked through, but I can tell already that this will be one of my favourite interior design books. Holly has great style and a great eye.
5. The latest delicious magazine - the Italian edition - yummm!
6. Slow Magazine - "for people who think life's too fast" - a brilliant regionally produced mag with stories of people and places embracing the slow movement. They have a website here.
7. The latest Country Style Magazine. I have been reading this magazine since the early 1990's. It contains the lifestyle I ultimately desire so is a great resource and inspiration.
I hope you're reading something good too (in addition to blogs, of course!). As always, recommendations are always welcome here - please share in the comments.
Hello! I'm Nic ... I love to design, screen print, sew and cook. I have a passion for beautiful fabric and have decided to have a go at designing and printing my own under the label Yardage Design. My blog is my creative outlet and journal of my adventures making all sorts of things. Thanks for visiting!