Sunday, May 22, 2011

brooch progress

I've had a bit of time this afternoon to work on my brooch for the flower press brooch swap ...


I like working with the wool felt, but I don't think the woollen tweed will hold together (for everyday use), so I may replace that with another piece of woollen felt. I love the little button I found - vintage, black and with a four leaf clover for luck! I'm also loving the autumnal colours and textures of this wool - I might have to make myself one of these brooches too! Hope your Sunday has been a fun day!

11 comments:

Naturally Carol said...

Maybe you could paint the edges of the tweed with something to hold it together..it suits the rest of the brooch so perfectly it would be a shame to have to take it out.

Jennie said...

Fabric stiffener?
It depends if it will affect the look or not.
They really are comforting colours/textures - gorgeous!

Vic said...

Ooooh....!

Kylie said...

I totally agree these colours are beautiful.

Christina Lowry said...

Isn't brooch making fun?! It's looking lovely. I wonder if you could singe the edges, like my sister does with ribbon, to stop if fraying?

:)

CurlyPops said...

Fray stop?

Michelle said...

Yep, lovin those warm autumn colours. I love the tweed - make it work!! And don't get me started on that button. How cute is it!

lamina@do a bit said...

LOVE the colours! The tweed loos so excellent would be a shame to change it1 I may look quite nicely rustic if frayed a bit :)

lamina@do a bit said...

Sorry what terrible spelling... a bit early in the morning :)

flowerpress said...

Oh Nic, its beautiful!
I was wondering about interfacing on the back as I agree the tweed is just beautiful and looks so wonderful with the other colours!

Lyssy May said...

Looks gorgeous! I often dab on a bit of fray stopper for these projects and it should be fine. x