I have just finished my contribution to Vic's Cushion Swap 2011, and this is it ...
I make lots of cushions - for myself, for the business, for friends - so I used the swap as an excuse to challenge myself and try something new, using only Yardage Design fabric from my scrap basket. I came up with a "woven" design idea. Strips of fabric woven together then ironed onto fusible interfacing before being sewn in place.
I really enjoyed the construction phase and blabbed all over facebook about how I had discovered a cheats method of patchwork! Then I started sewing .... the first attempt was not so successful (too much movement and puckering), so I spent quite sometime unpicking before trying again with better, firmer fusible interfacing. Certainly not patchwork, and definitely not cheating! In the end, I was really happy with the result. I backed the cushion with navy Circa fabric to go with the ones on the front, and made the cushion reversible by adding an invisible zip. I hope my swap recipient likes it!
Check out other cushions being made for the swap over at Vic's - go here.
Have a great Thursday!
We’re still Skinny . . . but so much BIGGER!
3 days ago