Tuesday, March 30, 2010

pin cushion progress ...

It's been a bit topsy turvy here lately, but this afternoon I got a few minutes to work on my idea for the great pin cushion swap hosted by Kate. A while ago, a got a couple of rolls of jute webbing, and I've had an idea about maybe weaving it to make something ...



I'm not exactly sure how it is going to end up, but I like the direction so far. In related news, some beautiful pins arrived from june at noon the other day (how gorgeous is the packaging?) which will go very nicely with my pin cushion ...


... they are all lovely, but this one is my favourite ...

12 comments:

Snooze said...

Absolutely gorgeous ... as always. I can't wait to see it finished.

One Flew Over said...

Lovely!

Kate said...

Its all getting rather exciting. LOVE the jute weaving idea and the pins are divine.

Gina said...

Ahhhh... I can only hope and dream that I will be the recipient!

mel @ loved handmade said...

Yes, lovely & your new header looks great too ( or am I a bit behind the times, sorry if I didn't notice earlier)...

Knicky Knacks said...

Love the rawness of this webbing - very natural and organic. Great idea for the pin cushion. Can't wait to see it.

Chasing Purple Dreams said...

That’s looking really interesting Nic, I wonder where it’s heading???????? The pins are sensational.
I’m starting to stress about my pin cushion, it has been evolving in a positive way – but it’s just hit a brick wall. But the June at Noon inspired pins I have been making to include with the cushion are so sweet, I wish I could have found longer pins so I could really go to town with the beads!
I can’t wait to see all of the pin cushions together on fliker.

june at noon said...

The webbing sounds like a really interesting idea. Glad you like the pins--that was one of my favorite sets. :)

Pippi creates said...

How unusual you picked the red one as your favourite!
Very interesting to see how the jute pin cushion turns out..

Swirlyarts said...

June at Noon is lovely - I do like those pins :)

MooBear Designs said...

It looks fantastic and go the june at noon pins... I have some too hehe.

xo Steph

Wendy said...

Oooh! Saw the pins on June at Noon's website and drooled over them there...lucky, lucky girl!