Wednesday, March 24, 2010

pears tea towel ... printed at last!


... at last ... my falling pears tea towel is printed! I was playing around with different settings for the photos this afternoon and thought it would look lovely hanging from one of our ornamental pear trees in the backyard. I just love the green - such a nice, fresh colour. I had actually half printed quite a few of these a couple of weeks ago, but they got a bit wet ...


Anyway, I really enjoyed printing my first two colour design ... especially once I'd worked out a little template for my table to ensure the registration of the two colour components was the same each time ...


And mixing ink colours is always great ... doesn't this look yummy enough to eat? OK, maybe not!


Anyway, the new pears tea towel is in the shop and on etsy now!
See you tomorrow for my creative space with Kootoyoo!

18 comments:

lisa stubbs said...

They look wonderful, really lovely!

CurlyPops said...

Thats a fabulously vibrant green..yummy indeed!
Are you back in the studio now (all dried out)?

Amy said...

noice!
love the green.
me likey.
xx Amy

Beky said...

Wonderful!! How about strawberries next?

Thea said...

Nice work! It's funny that you mention it looking good enough to eat - I often think that about my inks - chocolate, creme, strawberry icing etc... maybe I just think about food too much?

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

I'm a BIG fan of green!! Love Posie

Unknown said...

Fun and Fancy, what a beautiful towel!

june at noon said...

Oh, they're awesome. I love the design, and green is my favorite!

teddybearswednesday said...

just beautiufl NIC! x0

Penny said...

The pears look great!!

ELK said...

what a clean looking design on these amazing creations!!

Trudi - Me and Ewe said...

Fab green - love the print too.

Sally said...

That green is brilliant. Green is one of my favourite colours too. So fresh. So invigorating. Adore your design. Uber cool.
Well done on the two colour print. Nic you are one 'out of this world' talented woman.

Gina said...

Mmmmm. Green. I almost like it again...

Red Letter Studio said...

its gorgeous nice work!!!

~ Samone

Pippi creates said...

A great outcome. Pity about the first batch, but they look great!

Erin @ SYL: Slipcover Your Life said...

This is beyond cool! I love seeing pieces of the creative process!

one sydney road said...

Love the green and the design - very cool!! Thanks for showing the process - I love seeing that :)!!