Sunday, March 21, 2010

market finds ...

Little Mister came with me to the markets this morning, which was good (because you get to move around pretty slowly and see things you otherwise might not) and not so good (aparently we had to stop at EVERY stall selling toys!). Still, we both came home happy - lots of dinosaur books for him, and these treasures for me ...


Some lovely red and blue trim ... love it!


A box of pool balls ... I want lots more of these - I have a picture in my mind of a large glass vessel full of these coloured balls, and I have just the spot for it on the bookcase. For now, an old vase will do!


Last, but not least, a vintage doiley - green for a change ...


I hope you've found some treasures this week too. To share yours, or to check out what others have found pop over to Her Library Adventures. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

17 comments:

Lauren said...

oh that pool ball idea is cool! awesome find!

Amanda said...

oh i love red at the moment, that trim is gorgeous

crzylady said...

oh! The billiard balls look amazing! What a great idea!

Christina Lowry said...

Cool goodies. Love the pin ball idea too. Would look great in a bar too I think. My husband is always saying "One day when we move to a house that has a bar..." :)

Anonymous said...

I love the pool balls idea too. That doily is a great deep mint-ish colour, such pretty stitching.

Jennie said...

Love, love, love what you have done with the pool balls! And that green doily is delicious!

Snooze said...

great treasures ... i love the billiard ball idea and that must be one fantastic sized vase/glass jar to fit so many in and still have room left over

mel @ loved handmade said...

That doily in green is sooo beautiful! Love the ball idea, too...

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Love a burst of colour like that, billiard balls, of course!! Prettiest doily i've seen in a long time, nice finds!! Love Posie

CurlyPops said...

I was wondering what on earth you were going to do with a box of pool balls. What a fab idea!

Anonymous said...

I have been on the lookout for billiard balls for a while and the closest I got was a battered bowling ball pin. Ilove what you have done with them. Very chi chi. xxNick

Unknown said...

Great idea the pool balls in the vase! Wow!
Ciao!
Suze

Jetsetting Joyce said...

Wow I'm impressed by the billard balls in the vase. I'm inspired to put all sorts of unexpected things in a vase now - guess repetition and volume are tried-and-true good decorating concepts.

Jetsetting Joyce

Anonymous said...

wow LUCKY you..i've always wanted pool balls too! what a great display!

teddybearswednesday said...

Great idea for those pool balls Nic. And that doily is smashing.

Diane Mars said...

The pool balls look great in that glass jar, great find. Hugs, Diane

Unknown said...

Wow I just love your finds, those pool balls look just fabulous! Thanks so much for playing along.
Sophie x