Thursday, July 15, 2010

new crafty + handmade store in Kensington : Onabee

A lovely new store stocking handmade things, haberdashery, yarn and fabrics has just (last week) opened in Kensington, Melbourne. I met the store owner, Fiona (pictured below), at the Stitches and Craft Show - it is so lovely to see her enjoying her very own store - packed with really nice things and lots of vintage bits and pieces. Onabee also stocks Yardage Design fabric packs and bunting panels.


Onabee is located at 200 Bellair Street, Kensington - opposite the Kensington railway station.
Incase you needed another excuse to visit Kensington, Ink and Spindle are located just a couple of blocks away and are having an open studio this Saturday (10am - 1pm). Sounds like the perfect excuse to take a trip to lovely Kenso - check out the Ink & Spindle studio, do a spot of shopping (Onabee opening hours here) and then have lunch at one of the delicious cafes!

8 comments:

Steph said...

Oh what a yummy looking shop! Wish I lived closer :)

Unknown said...

Looks like a great shop to visit! I will put it on my list of shops to go to when I am in Melbourne next:) Thanks!

teddybearswednesday said...

thanks Nic, it looks lovely

Anonymous said...

How exciting! I just found your blog. What beautiful screenprinting on fabric!! I can't wait to visit your store!

Spin Spin said...

Looks great, go Kensington!

Beck said...

Thanks for sharing this ace looking shop Nic. I love the buttons! xo

Michelle said...

The shop looks heavenly. I really do need to get down to Melbourne someday.

Brenda said...

Look like the kind of place I'd love to visit.

Congratulations on having your goodies in store!