Wednesday, August 26, 2009

my creative space ... in panic mode!

OK - the deadline for my square in the Quilt Project is looming and I am slightly freaking out. Thus, my creative space this week is full of red (which is great - being my favourite colour and all!) ...


I'm still working on my design (which is why I'm in panic mode), but I'm thinking about an appliqued flower, with a bit of machine embroidered whimsy.

Also fun this week - trying to get to know my new sewing machine - we don't have a connection yet - mainly because I'm used to my lovely old Globe Janome (which sadly died last year - for good this time) and this new one is a fancy dancer which is taking me a while to understand!!


Here's my first draft/testing the machine square ... I'm imagining more petals and more layers ...



Thanks for dropping by - hope your project is going well.

For more creative spaces, or to join in, go to kootoyoo.

16 comments:

M* (Melanie) said...

Hi Nic, just saw your comment on twopinkpossums and thought I'd drop by. I'm also doing a square for the project.

I love the look of your experimentation! It looks beautiful. Can't wait to see it finished!

Unknown said...

I agree that block is looking great !

Tammy said...

Ohhhh that looks lovely!!

Anonymous said...

your square is looing fabulous,no need to panic at all. Thank you for your words about it too. I think we must just have doubts about our own work and look at others having doubts and think "don't be worried yours will be great" so from this moment on we should all enjoy the process and think all panic and insecurities suck!!! I'm feeling better already..hope you too

Anonymous said...

your flower is booming ...you can do it!

Tania said...

OK, step back right now. BREAAATHHHHEEEE. It's gorgeous. And go and combust that panic button...

Kylie said...

It looks fantastic! Good luck with finishing :) K

Lea said...

don't panic! your flower is gorgeous

Kirsty said...

It's beautiful & it's all just supposed to be fun. No performance anxiety required. xx

Nikki said...

Your fabrics are delicious, the design is gorgeous, the test looks great, you and your fancy dancer will closer each day and the deadline is still a few weeks away. Aghhhhhh. Does that help? xx

Gina said...

It's delicious, and I heartily endorse a bit of playful machine embroidery. If your new machine will come to the party, that is!
Lovely to meet you, welcome to the blogosphere. xG

Lucy Bowler said...

Ooh I like your tests! And no harm with a workspace filled with red, think that's a good look! Enjoy your new machine, lucky thing.

Michelle said...

Looks fabulous - can't wait to see the finished block.

Unknown said...

Oooh the thought of "more flower" is marvelous..I am loving it so far!

midge said...

looking fantastic, i started mine last night. hopefully the 'best work under pressure' rule will apply.

Christina Lowry said...

Flowers were a great choice! Who doesn't love a bit of gorgeous flowery goodness? Hope you love the end result and you stop freaking out! :)