Sunday, October 23, 2011

a sterling find ...

I found this beautiful silver, delicate, flower dish at the Bermondsey Antique Market a few weeks ago in London. It's a great little market ~ antiques, vintage stuff, and lots of silver.


The seller told me that this piece is Scandinavian and made in the early part of the twentieth century. Who knows if that's true or not! I just like it ~ the detail is amazing.


This is one of the loveliest things I have bought for myself for a very long time. It certainly wasn't a bargain at ninety pounds, but it was one of those times when I saw it and knew I had to have it!


More lovely finds over at Flea Market Finds today!

Have a lovely Sunday!






P.S. Half price pre-cut fat quarters of my handprinted fabric in the shop today ~ here!

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, It is gorgeous! Love the details and the shape is very pretty. Great find, Nic!

Jennie said...

Ninety pounds, geez! But you'll definitely love it forever! Nice to have something to hand down to the kids and grandkids.

june at noon said...

It's really very gorgeous. Well chosen!

Lotti said...

How beautiful is that ! Just gorgeous. Sometimes we just have to splurge and get something really nice. That is definitely something lovely to have and display.

Jackie @ Fred-and-Cissy said...

I love it! Seeing it on your fabric made me think the poppy design'd make a great screen print too...

Wendy said...

Stunning, Nic! Enjoy it...

Leah said...

beautiful find!

Paulette said...

The small ball legs on this dish adds to this beautiful delicate and stunning bowl. Nice treasure. ❤

Jenny said...

Beautiful! Glad I found you. Fabric, sewing, thrifting...my kinda girl. Your fabrics are beautiful. ~ Jenny

Paperklip said...

Ohh, pretty - it looks like early Georg Jensen silver. You can research silver marks quite easily on the net and find out the year/maker.

Brianna said...

It's gorgeous! I would have had a hard time leaving it behind as well!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a great find! Love those petals, they make you want to run your hand over them. Beautiful. Well done. : ) x Alisa

BeckyKay said...

That really is gorgeous! and I bet it will be making you smile for a long time to come!