Monday, October 3, 2011

printing again

When I was home in Australia in August, I picked up a small screen and squeegee to take back with me so I could print. After a bit of searching around, I found some nice inks and today I finally printed something!


It's just a simple, hand-cut stencil of some bunting strings in fire engine red ~ my favourite! My printing/sewing/creative space is a bit small as you can see (just a table really), but at least I have one!


It's nice to be printing again. I find it relaxing and completely satisfying ~ I've missed that feeling (and the smell of red ink, but that's another story!). I'll be sewing this up today for a bit of show and tell later.

Have a great Monday!

8 comments:

lamina@do a bit said...

I always get a bit scratchy if I haven't done any screen printing for a bit... there is just something about it hey... I can relate to the smell too.. ha ha ha :)

Cute bunting print!

Vic said...

That looks ace Nic! When you're finally home I'm inviting myself over for a screen-printing lesson, ok? Ok. ;)

CurlyPops said...

I'd be lost without space to craft. So happy you have at least a tiny space to play with!

Jennie said...

Thats brilliant that you could take a small one with you!! I love the bunting printing - perfect for a small space there!

Anna Bartlett said...

Looking forward to seeing what you do with those lovely pieces. I so admire that you know when to stop... keeping things elegant. I keep adding and adding and adding and slowly go mad!

Lola Nova said...

Oh, you have given me hope that one day I may be able to screen print in my small space! Love the red!

I am also quite smitten with your raspberry fabric too!

Unknown said...

How cool, would love to know how to screen print, look forward to seeing what you do with the bunting.

Anonymous said...

I love the bunting print - very cool !
and as I'm a day late....loved the London post too.