Thursday, May 20, 2010

i spy style + the ottoman empire

I thought you might be interested in these couple of snippets from the small world of Yardage Design.


Allison just emailed to tell me that Yardage Design (and lots of others in the Incubator section of the show) were featured on the I Spy Style website in the trends section - how cool is that! Thanks, Kate - for noticing us and for having such an amazing design website.

Andi (from Patch Andi) also emailed me yesterday with the most amazing results of her fabric buying at the show. Using all handprinted, Australian designer fabrics (including some of mine - yay!), she made a patchwork slipcover for an ottoman. All of the fabrics just look so stunning together ...



Andi's inspiration was this lovely ottoman - I reckon Andi's is way better though ;o). Read more about it here. I want one!

P.S. I have been overwhelmed by the response to my giveaway (closes tomorrow night)- thanks is not enough for some of the lovely comments - I am very grateful for your support ... thank you.

12 comments:

Andi said...

Thanks for the link love and all your kind words!!
(And for your divine fabric too!)
Andi :-)

mel @ loved handmade said...

Well done on your little feature, everything looked great! I LOVE that ottoman, gorgeous!

Julie said...

Andi's a clever gal. I love how well all the fabrics went together.

teddybearswednesday said...

The ottoman is absolutely STUNNING! And big hooray to you for the I spy feature xo

Brenda said...

Congratulations on the feature! The ottoman looks amazing with all your gorgeous fabrics!

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Yes indeedy, great ottomon, feeling the love over at Andi's too. Of course everyone wants a piece of Yardage Design, you should see it fly out of Shop Handmade, you rock girl. Love Posie

Irene ~ RE~VINTAGED said...

Ottoman is fabulous!!!
Great colours.
Great feature, so many talented people.
Love love love my blue teatowel from the show, too nice to use, just want to look at it all the time :)
Irene x

Erin @ SYL: Slipcover Your Life said...

What an awesome day, I Spy and your fabric being used in that adorable ottoman redo!

Rosalind said...

Very cool, I am using this same idea for a large floor cushion-cover... still collecting my pieces, will have to include some YD!

MooBear Designs said...

What a fantastic ottoman cover... I am making 2inch hexs maybe I can make one too LOL...

xo Steph

Off The Peg said...

That ottoman is super cute.

Pippi creates said...

Congrats on the I Spy featured. You deserved it, your display looked fantastic. Love the ottoman, Andi's done a fantastic job and all those fabrics look great together.