Saturday, September 4, 2010

second one down

I have finally finished my second (and final) entry for the Royal Melbourne Show. This one is for the machine embroidery category. I have really procrastinated about this entry - mainly because I couldn't decide what to embroider. In the end I went with a small art nouveau design I've been working on for a while ...


The embroidery is in peacock blue thread, on beige linen, with some accent from a small geometric print I got at Patchwork on Central Park this morning (love that store!). I think I'l print this design too - I'm quite happy with how it turned out. Hope you're having a good Saturday!

13 comments:

Liesl said...

What beautiful embroidery. I love the design - good luck!

(I hope to have my entries finished by Thursday ... it might have to be Thursday of next year at the rate I am going!)

by marie-nicole said...

Gorgeous motif design... and I love the colour too.
All the best with the show.

Thea said...

I admire that you set yourself a goal all those weeks ago and are achieving it. Nice work! x

Teek said...

Good Luck at the show.. Love the design and colour..
Tanya

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Perfect colour to coordinate with a blue ribbon Nic, good luck, love Posie

Shabby Vintage Junk said...

Nic you are SO clever....GOOD LUCK with your entry....It looks BEAUTIFUL....!!

I TOO am a fan of Patchwork on Central Park....The Liberty prints are my FAVE....!!

Cheers for now,
Tamarah :o)

Knicky Knacks said...

I love it. The colours are gorgeous. Fingers crossed for you.

june at noon said...

Very nice. I like how the embroidery compliments the accent fabric.

Kelly Casanova said...

It looks great, I love that shade of blue. Small confession - my entry isn't finished, I'm undecided about fabric choices and wishing I had more to choose from! I've got some work to do today.

Brenda said...

Your embroidery is beautiful.....good luck at the show!

Caroline said...

Very nice work, I love the colour. Please do print the design, I love art nouveau, can't wait to see what you use it for.

Amy Prior said...

sweet and a really gorgeous blue!

ZippyZippy said...

Good luck with the entry.
Just picked up our Horsham Show program to see what We could enter from our household.