Monday, September 20, 2010

buckets

Yesterday I was testing out a fabric bucket pattern I adapted from the Zakka Sewing book and then enlarged. I made two - one smaller one in my red circa fabric  (perfect for cotton reels and other little things) and one larger one in my white agapanthus fabric (perfect for pattern envelopes or whatever really!) ...


I'm thinking of making a few of these for the Finders Keepers Market in a few weeks. I still want to refine the handles - especially for the smaller one - I think they are a bit too big. I think I may even make the smaller one a little bit bigger. I'm glad I remembered to try out one of my new labels this time! Let me know what you think of these. I'd like to make at least a couple in each fabric colourway. They would look great in a set too - I like nice storage!

P.S. I'm accumulating lots of fabric offcuts that are too beautiful to waste - do you think I should put some small remnants packs in the shop?

P.P.S. After selling out again, a big stack of Vintage Tram Roll Menu Market Bags are back in the shop.

20 comments:

Irene ~ RE~VINTAGED said...

If remnants sold before, they'll sell again!
;)

Georgy said...

These are great. Nice storage is a must. Wondering if you coud even use them to store little toys, like little people, or in my daughters case just bit and bobs. She would really like the red one and could carry it around the house as she loves to do.

Chantal said...

Loving the fabric boxes. In particular your white agapanthas. I think they'll do well at the market either individually or in a set. I'd very happily put them on my shelves!

Bianca Jae Makes Stuff said...

Yes to all of the above! Baskets are great! And scrap packs are a fab idea I reckon xox

Jennie said...

Sets, inside each other is a great idea! Will there be any in the gorgeous blue?!

mel @ loved handmade said...

your bucket bags are brilliant!! I'm tipping they won't last very long, they look so lovely in your fabrics..

Jodie said...

yes to remnants Nic...Great idea!

Annie said...

beautiful, scrumptious, delicious - I like nice storage too - and yes yes yes to the scrap bag idea. The lables look VERY professional!

gret said...

yes would love to snatch up some little scraps! Love your buckets too.

Caroline said...

Yes, do the scrap packs - good for people that don't want to buy a ready made item but want a little bit of fabric for their own sewing projects. I like your baskets just the way they are but maybe you don't even need handles on the small one. I don't use the handles on my fabric basket, I just grap the side of it when I want to pick it up. Just a thought anyway.

Margaret said...

Lovely buckets! Are they machine washable?

Unknown said...

Buckets look great, labels look great, definitely to the scrap packs, definitely to having these at Finders Keepers and like Margaret asked, 'Are they machine washable?'..Terese

Cath @ chunkychooky said...

ahem... I know someone who loves reamnants!!!

Jane said...

Lovely fabric bags and I'm sure remnants would sell a treat. By the way, have just blogged about my new project using the fabric you've just sent me! It's not finished yet but will send you a pic of when it is. Jane x @ the girl in the brick house.

Swirlyarts said...

They look great :)

Sally said...

I love making these so much. Yours are stunning. Fabric remnants sound like a great idea... I'm also curious to know what you do with all the left over squares of wadding? I'm gathering quite the collection and the best idea I've come up with so far is coasters ... which lets face it isn't very inspiring!

june at noon said...

Oh, gorgeous! The tags look fantastic, too.

Brenda said...

I love these Nic! They are going to look fantastic on your stand!

Mookah Studio said...

yes, yes and yes!

Unknown said...

Stylish storage! Love the baskets...and the tags look great :)