Tuesday, April 27, 2010

meet my fabric: "circa"

The second of my yardage designs, this one is very personal to me. I came up with this circle motif right after visiting the Melbourne Stitches and Craft Show last year and being inspired to get more creative. I called it my signature circle as I went on to use it as part of my branding, but I'm calling this repeat pattern Circa ...


As my ideas developed and turned into Yardage Design the business, I held onto a small dream of one day seeing this pattern hand printed onto lovely fabric. Last Friday was the day I realised that dream and ticked a box on my personal "to do" list - it felt great.


This design comes in two colourways: navy blue on natural linen/cotton, and deep red on off white hemp/organic cotton.


Both colourways of this design will be available in fat quarters (approx 70cm x 50cm) at the Melbourne Stitches & Craft Show. You will be able to buy this fabric in my online shop after the show.

Thanks so much for the lovely comments about Swizzle - they were much appreciated! See you tomorrow for another design.

12 comments:

Chicken Willow said...

This one's lovely as well. Glad I don't have to choose between the two!

Brenda said...

I look at that design and instantly know who it belongs to.....fantastic!!

BOB & MABEL said...

I love both colours. Will pop in and visit at the Stitches and Craft show.

Irene MissyMinzy said...

awesome!! WOW on more designs. Looking forward! :)

Steph said...

Circa is every bit as lovely as Swizzle. Congrats on seeing a dream become reality. Happy times!! Hope all is well :)

mel @ loved handmade said...

I bet it felt great! Looks fabulous too.

Pippi creates said...

Definately a classic. Love the swizzle too. Sounds like things are really hotting up around your place getting ready for the stitches and craft show - full steam ahead!

Tweed Thoughts said...

Congrats on realising your dream! The fabric looks great - what a fantastic feeling :)

june at noon said...

I've always liked this circle design, glad to see it on fabric. Congrats!

teddybearswednesday said...

It's utterly gorgeous Nic, And it must be special for you to see it finished.

Chasing Purple Dreams said...

Congratulations on making the dream come true and in such a short time. I wonder what big dreams will come from being on the other side of the desk at this years show????

Unknown said...

Love the circles - they're amazing all together... couldn't help but notice the optical illusion I got with the second picture.. as I moved my eyes the dotted circles seem to rotate slightly... wierd but doesn't lessen the loveliness of the design... good luck at the show!!