Monday, April 26, 2010

meet my fabric : "swizzle"

I thought it was high time that I introduced you to my very own yardage designs ... beginning with the one that I teased you with on Friday.  Meet "Swizzle" ...


Swizzle (so named because it looks a bit like a swizzle stick to me) started life as a doodle in my sketchbook ...


The idea came from a daisy chain, which I then played around with until I settled on a basic stripe effect pattern. The design is realtively small scale because I wanted a fabric that I could use for smaller projects and trims.


I'm a bit obsessed with red and teal at the moment, so I had this design hand printed in both teal on an offwhite hemp/organic cotton basecloth, and deep red on a natural linen/cotton basecloth ...


Both colourways of this design will be available in fat quarters (approx 70cm x 50cm) at the Melbourne Stitches & Craft Show. You will be able to buy this fabric in my online shop after the show.

Stay tuned for another design tomorrow!

20 comments:

Chicken Willow said...

Really nice!

Jodie said...

yee har !!! It looks great - are you getting excited..... nine more sleeps to go !!! But really only eight, cause I'll see you on set-up day .
I think I like both colourways equally..

Little Ted Canvas said...

I love your 'swizzle'! It's a great print & looks so lovely on the organic cotton & linen, really nice!

Steph said...

Swizzle is gorgeous!! Those colours are so yummy. Hope all is well :)

plushka said...

Looks stunning! Linen is a great choice of fabric;)
It's a shame I am cannot go to the show:( Will have to wait till it's in the shop!

One Flew Over said...

Me likey! Keep some aside for me! Will be in on Friday x

A Life So Peachy said...

it's just lovely! well done!

Kate said...

I love it! It really does look like a swizzle. Looks like I'll see it in person on the Wednesday. I hope you are still on your high.

lisa stubbs said...

I love swizzle! fantastic!

Brenda said...

Love the swizzle! Can't wait til it hits the shop!

Tweed Delights said...

Simply gorgeous! :)

74 Lime Lane said...

welcome swizzle! well done Nic, another exciting chapter in the world of yardage design! good luck at the show!

Susan L (lily40au) said...

i'm coming up with more and more ideas to go to stitches and craft!

Posie Patchwork said...

'tis gorgeous as is everything you make & print. Just love the name, Swizzle, not used enough!! Love Posie

june at noon said...

I love it! What a great design, and a good choice of colors/materials.

Debbie in Nashville said...

I love it!!

Chasing Purple Dreams said...

Fabulous, just fabulous!
Bravo.

Missy_Minzy said...

looking great, Nic!

teddybearswednesday said...

I love swizzle! it's gorgeous Nic xo

Jenny said...

Ohhh, lovely!
I met you at the show.. and bought some of the red one. NOt sure what I'll do with it yet - at the moment, just admiring it!

Great to find you, your blog, and your work!