Friday, August 21, 2009

Craft & Design as a Career

I have just spent a lovely day with like-minded souls at Craft & Design as a Career professional development seminar held by Craft Victoria. It was a really well run day with a range of really informative and inspiring presenters. I got so much practical advice today, but in addition to that, here were the messages I took away:

>> Plan to make it happen
>> Make a start and keep moving : don't stagnate
>> Dare to dream : who knows where it might take you
>> Work hard and be resilient
>> Networking is the best form of publicity for those on a budget!

This blog is my first step down the creative path. I want to make beautiful and interesting designs for fabric. I will get there, and I look forward to sharing the journey will you all out there.
Sorry for the lack of pics today!

2 comments:

Miss Muggins said...

They are such great messages to remind us crafty types that anything is possible when you believe in yourself and work hard. Thanks for the reminder!

Nikki said...

You may not realise but you are already doing them all already, even if not to the extent you want to. But on a journey that is likely to be long, small celebrations are needed along the way!

PS. No pictures were needed for this post. Your words said it all. Good luck.