Wednesday, December 12, 2012

handmade christmas ornaments ...

A while ago, I blogged about my idea for creating an ornament using fabric origami for the Handmade Ornament Swap. Well ... it seemed like a good idea at the time, but I fell out of love with it by the second iteration, then it sort of fell off the radar amongst everything else going on. Fast forward to earlier this week when I was cleaning out drawers and found a fillable bauble I had bought ages ago and my button tin ... this was the result ...


I love this bauble, and if I had enough tiny buttons, I would make myself one immediately! I might have to hit the oppy for more little buttons this week. I really hope my swap partner likes it too (even though it is a bit late)! Perfect for crafty types, and festive too.


This was the festive little parcel waiting for me at the post office a couple of weeks ago from the person chosen to make me an ornament (no-one knew who was making their ornament). I knew from the wrapping that I would love it!


Catherine from A Time to Create blog embroidered this gorgeous snowflake motif in red and white. On natural linen! This is just so perfectly my style ~ thankyou so much Catherine.

Also, a big thanks to Christina for hosting this swap.


6 comments:

Anna said...

What a terrific idea for a Christmas bauble.

Catherine said...

When I saw who I got as my swap partner I just new what to make and what fabrics to use:) I'm so glad that you liked it Nic I really had fun making it for you. I love your button bauble, so clever. Enjoy the rest of your week.

Jackie @ Fred-and-Cissy said...

They're both lovely!

Kylie Hunt said...

So beautiful! Gorgeousness all round :) Kx

Christina Lowry said...

You are most welcome! I love your button ornament. It is super sweet. And wow, Catherine's ornament is so beautiful and looks so you too. :)

tea with lucy said...

A button bauble! Brilliant!!

... and would you look at Catherine's perfect delicate little stitches.

rachel ox

ps and thanks for your congrats too.