Thursday, November 15, 2012

experimenting :: fabric origami

I've been thinking about what to make for the handmade ornament swap, and wondering if I can apply some of the clever paper origami designs to fabric. This morning I tried this wreath design with some of my Fan fabric ...


I really love this design, but I need to make it bigger and use the Fan linen/cotton as it is not quite as heavy as the hemp/organic cotton that I used for this one. I'd also like to be able to overstitch it on the machine. Take two of this idea will be happening in my creative space this afternoon.

More spaces and creativity here every Thursday. Have a great day!


16 comments:

Paravent said...

It looks fabulous Nic! Great idea. Kx

Jennie said...

This is gorgeous Nic!

Tania said...

Very lovely Nic. You certainly have a way with fabric :)

monique's mess said...

wow how clever are you, its fab just the way it is

Imogen Eve said...

Ooo ... that looks amazing. It also looks really tricky to make. I imagine it would be fun to do some stitching over the top.

Naturally Carol said...

That's the perfect fabric and colour for this design..wonderful!

Anna said...

What a great idea to make it in fabric. It looks terrific. I'm filing this away for future use.

teddybearswednesday said...

Just gorgeous Nic!

lamina@do a bit said...

Love it! And the fabric really works with the design too :)

Christina Lowry said...

So clever! I would never have thought of that. It looks great. I'm sure you will have fun experimenting with this process. :)

Lisa said...

wow super fantastic !

Tracy said...

Very clever. Looks fantastic.

tash @ Little Bit of Thyme said...

looks great! love the fabric.

katiemetzroth said...

wow! That's really pretty! :)

Greer said...

So clever! I love it x

quilary said...

Fantastic idea! It looks great in that fabric.