Monday, June 25, 2012

printing :: with blocks

I managed an hour of bliss on the weekend to print with a couple of lovely old handcarved wooden blocks that I've collected over the last year or so. This was just test run to see how they printed, as I plan to use at least one of them in the handprinted fabric swap.


This old indian block is lovely, and works in repeat, but some of the edges are slightly damaged (from age and wear) so there are some little gaps and light areas between each stamp. Overall, though, I really like this one.


The second block is a little heart. I think I need to play more with the pattern for this block for it to work better, but I do like the fine detail and shape of it.


More testing and then the real thing in the next day or two, ready to post to my swap partners.

Have a creative week!


11 comments:

lamina@do a bit said...

It's always so nice to get an hour to indulge! What lovely blocks :)

flowerpress said...

pretty :-)

Jennie said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!

teddybearswednesday said...

loving the print from the Indian block! gorgeous

Jackie @ Fred-and-Cissy said...

Love them!

BOB & MABEL said...

They look beautiful, love the first one.

Cath @ chunkychooky said...

i love the hearts, it looks great!

Brianna said...

Gorgeous! Love the old Indian block print.

CurlyPops said...

Very sweet!

74 Lime Lane said...

Gorgeous!

The Joyful Thrifter said...

Oh my! I have never seen this before! I am going to be your new follower. You make some lovely things!

Smiles,
The Joyful Thrifter