Tuesday, April 5, 2011

inspired ... the hanger challenge

I see lots of great ideas in blogland, but when I read about the hanger challenge on the Kootoyoo blog this morning, I wanted to "have a crack" immediately. We have so many of those wire coat hangers in our house - I save them up and take a stack back to the dry cleaners every 6 months or so, but we always seem to have lots. So, the challenge is to transform a wire hanger - any way you like. This morning I started simple. I wanted to see if I could unwind a hanger, thread a tube of ribbon I had sewn together over the wire, and then wind the hanger back together. Easy peasy ...



A bit of glue on each end, secured with a clothes peg for about 10 minutes, and the whole thing was finished in about 25 minutes (including sewing the ribbon!). The next challenge is to get a bit fancier - maybe fabric? Check in with Kootoyoo - I reckon she's gonna transform her hangers with the hook. There's a flickr page if you want to get involved. Loving this craft - it's a keeper.

Have a great Tuesday!

8 comments:

Koo said...

Hooray Nic! Great start. I think this is a super, super gift idea. I can't wait to see more hanger craft from you.

teddybearswednesday said...

Oh Nic, I love it! aren't you clever?x

Shabby Vintage Junk said...

Nic this is a WONDERFULLY CLEVER idea....I reckon the'd FLY out the window if you made a bunch....EVERYONE loves a nice hanger....!!

Cheers,
Tamarah :o)

Vic said...

You're awesome Nic! You MADE me do one too!
http://punkysmamma.blogspot.com/2011/04/copy-cat.html

Kate said...

Wire hangers are banned from this house. I hate the things. But I do love this concept and I think yours looks ace! Looking forward to seeing more Yardage Designed ones.

Brenda said...

I'm in the process of making the wire hangers extinct in our house, but I do love your idea!

lisa stubbs said...

What a clever idea! looks great:)

Catherine said...

I really love your idea - simple and stylish... I might make some of these too!