Monday, December 20, 2010

completed :: a rag wreath

A very satisfying project completed last night and shown here on a hat hook as it was the lightest place in the house this morning (very dark and gloomy in Melbourne today) ...


Made using some fabric I originally bought earlier in the year for something else, but turned out to be perfectly suited to this application - two colours of taffeta and some sheer red. It was just a matter of poking small squares of fabric into the foam wreath with a screwdriver. The idea orginally came from here (via Google), where there is a tutorial if you want to have a go at it too.


I really love the texture of the fabric done this way, and the deep red and turquoise work well I think. I used about one metre of fabric all up for this project, although the back of the wreath is not covered so it would sit flat against the wall/door or where-ever in the house it ends up! This project is absolutely perfect for using up scraps and offcuts of fabric - hence the name - rag wreath!


Have a wonderful Monday!

6 comments:

Irene ~ RE~VINTAGED said...

Very opulent!!Nice to see such a rich combination of colours.

sue niven said...

Love it!

BOB & MABEL said...

Great colour combination, I love the end result.

Rebecca said...

that's lovely - opulent is a fitting description!

Maker Handmade said...

gorgeous, must remember that for next year! (if I put it on my list of 'to do's' now I may just make it....)

Tracy said...

Brilliant idea. Your version looks very smart.